With a blender and layered cheesecloth, a nut milk bag, or a fine mesh sieve, you can make a white, cloudy, digestible fluid. Some call it "milk," but milk is produced by the mammary glands of mammals. What I make comes from the bulk section of Berkeley Bowl, so stop calling it "nut milk!" I was hoping to start a movement to call it "nut juice" instead, but according to Urban Dictionary, "nut juice" is already taken.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak almonds in water overnight.
- Strain almonds and dump them into a blender. Add coconut water, 2 cups of filtered water, and vanilla extract.
- Blend for a minute or two (or until you start feeling guilty for disrupting your neighbors).
- Strain with a layered cheesecloth, nut milk bag, or fine mesh sieve.